Editorial: I HEART Magazine September 21 2018
Magazine : @iheartmagazine
Crafted in Seattle Video Featuring Baleen August 30 2018
Our Taco Party in EATER Seattle November 28 2017
Seattle Met: 100 Best Little Shops! November 09 2017
Thanks so much to Seattle Met Magazine for choosing Baleen as one of Seattle's best little shops! We're honored to be included in this roster of amazing local boutiques :)
In the Press: Racked "Best of Seattle" July 25 2016
We're so excited to be named by Racked.com as one of the best shops in Seattle! We are in great company with our friends over at Glasswing (pictured below) and Prism (our very first stockist), and all the other awesome shops chosen. Having our brick and mortar shop is a dream come true and it makes us so happy that people are loving it as much as we do! Here's to Seattle shopping!!
We're in Where! May 04 2016
Thanks so much to Stacy Booth at WHERE magazine for the lovely interview and feature in their Seattle Makers issue. We love being makers and sharing what we do with others!
Photo credit: Andrew JS
Baleen Shop Opening! October 14 2015
We have very exciting news to share! Baleen is about to open its very first brick and mortar store in one short week! We have been working away on renovations and we are so thrilled to finally show the world what we've been working on. This location will also house our new production studio, which you can peek into from the shop. Our official opening day will be Tues, Oct 20th at 12 noon. The shop address is 6418 20th Ave NW, in the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle. We hope you'll come visit us if you're in our visiting the Pacific Northwest!
In the Press: KIIKKO August 13 2015
Thanks so much to Kiana at KIIKKO for the love and including us in her short list of favorite jewelry pieces!
Baleen <3 Seattle April 15 2015
We love our home town of Seattle and want to share some of our favorite things to do here! Many feature our hugely adored Ballard neighborhood, because of course, we love it and prefer to rarely leave....but many are in areas all over town, and very much worth the drive. If you're planning a visit, do yourself a favor and hit up some of these spots:
- El Camion - Really amazing, authentic, ridiculously-affordable Mexican food
- Ba Bar - Vietnamese street-style food and craft cocktails, in a really great atmosphere
- Joule - Korean-fusion and fantastic drinks, in a classy setting
- Maneki - Landmark Japanese spot dating back to 1904 with tatami rooms and very authentic food at a great price
- Honoré - Snug, artisan bakery serving espresso and flawless French pastries
- The Fat Hen - Beautiful neighborhood restaurant serving Italian and new American fare in a relaxed, rustic setting
- U Needa Burger - Casual, high-quality burger joint
- The Hideout - A really great bar to get really great drinks
- Ballard Smoke Shop - A classic fisherman's bar, family-owned since 1971 and luckily hasn't changed much since
- Essex - Stunning cocktails with homemade ingredients, served up in a neighborhood hot spot
- Hazlewood - A Ballard favorite, this spot is like home and serves up great drinks and characters, always a good time
- Twilight Exit - Cozy, neighborhood divey spot with great bar food and atmosphere
- Stateside - Modern, tropical ambience with superb drinks and French/Vietnamese fusion fare.
- Prism - A highly curated vintage and independent designer retail experience
- Moorea Seal - An inviting shop selling handcrafted accessories for the body and home
- Nube Green - Apparel, home goods and accessories crafted by American artisans
- Butter Home - A Cozy shop featuring unique housewares and accessories
- Glasswing - Beautifully curated and merchandised boutique featuring clothing and items for men and women
- E. Smith Mercantile - Beautiful gift and personal items shop in front, and a great bar in back
- Totokaelo - High-end, aspirational retail environment, with beautiful, museum-worthy apparel, accessories and home goods.
- The Ballard Locks and Golden Gardens Beach
- Volunteer Park Conservatory & Asian Art Museum
- Vashon Island - Take the 20 min ferry from downtown and explore this magical island
- Green Lake - Fresh water lake in North Central Seattle
- Gasworks Park - Public park on the site of the former Seattle Gas Light Co gasification plant
- Discovery Park
- The Ballard Sunday Farmer's Market
- The Frye Art Museum - FREE admission and excellent exhibitions